Saturday, January 27

Escarole & Walnut Pizza

Last night a couple of couples came over for dinner and to talk about doing effects for our movie. I figured that since it was Friday night and I wanted to keep it casual, so I decided to make it another pizza night. Sick of pizza recipes yet? Well I did a couple of my standards and then added the Escarole and Walnut Pizza. I think it's my new favorite. Here's the recipe:

ESCAROLE & WALNUT PIZZA

Ingredients
1 recipe pizza dough
4 walnuts, chopped coarsely
Walnut oil
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 small red onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 small head Escarole, washed and cut into 1-inch pieces
S&P
Balsamic vinegar to taste
pinch of chili flakes
5 oz Fontina cheese, grated

While the dough rises, preheat oven to 350. Toss the walnuts in a splash of walnut oil and roast for about 5 min.

Heat 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil in a skillet and saute onions for 3-4 min until softened. Stir in garlic, escarole, salt and cover. Reduce heat and let cook down for a few minutes. Adjust salt and add vinegar, chili and pepper.

Preheat oven to 500 and warm pizza stone for 20 min.

Shape dough, place on parchment paper and cut around dough. Brush with olive oil. Distribute most Fontina, cover with escarole, walnuts and the rest of the cheese.

Bake for 12 min until the edges are nicely browned.

Enjoy!

No comments: