Wednesday, September 13

A Quilt, Some Photographs and Photographs of a Quilt


Alison just completed this gorgeous quilt/wedding gift.




It's fabulous. I love it. It looks amazing in our home and we've been curling up in it every night on the couch as the summer heat turns into fall evening chills. The woman is amazingly talented, and I'm not just saying that because she's probably my most loyal reader. Her quilts are art. Our family has had a long tradition of quilt-making starting with my paternal grandmother (the one I share with Alison). Actually, it clearly started before that as I've seen some of the antique quilts that have made it thru the years. At any rate, my grandmother used to sew all the grandkids pajamas every year for christmas, as well as make an occasional quilt. When I graduated from high school Grandma made a quilt for me made out of all the flannel pajama fabrics she used over the years. I am happy to report that Alison is keeping the quilting tradition going strong, as you can see from the photos above. Thank you Alison.

On a side note, I know I said I wasn't going to post any pictures of photos we've printed, but that was a big fat lie. I admit it. I'm a liar. I can't help it. I feel the need to share these. The wall of photos above our desks is expanding.


Let me tell you...it's SO MUCH FUN to print 11x14 photos. It's not even funny how much fun it is.

No comments: