Saturday, July 15

It's not all that great...

Last night we were at the Marat/Sade fundraising party for the play that Maria is producing and Patrick Adams is directing. (on a sidenote, I think it's going to be a fabulous production and if you want to get on a list for email updates email Patrick at patjadams@hotmail.com)

Anyway, while we were at the party a friend came up to me and told me that she'd been hearing all about my fabulous garden. Now I won't deny that I do have a butternut squash growing that looks like this...


the truth is that there is a significant portion of the garden that hasn't been touched yet. Or, since I'm on a truth binge, I did clear it all out of weeds last November but neglected to compost or plant and so the weeds came back with the spring (surprise, surprise). The pictures of the garden that I've been posting really only account for about a third of the square footage.

There's also this...


which is about 8 ft by 20 ft of weeds with some struggling and neglected roses in the middle.

And this...


which was filled with calla lilies but now lies filled with ugly weeds and a very invasive plant that needs to come out lest it take over the yard and turn into a tree.

So it's not all amazing over here. I still have a lot of work to do and with the weather getting hotter, 92 right now, it only makes me less motivated.

No comments: